How is the festival season already here again?! I personally feel like the new year was just yesterday, but I’m not complaining, because I’m ready to bring on Summer fashion as winter has been here for 348 years. Okay fine, I might be acting a bit dramatic, but when am I not?
Summer fashion has become my favorite season of style in the past few years as I’m finding myself LOVING all things shorts, dresses, and tank tops. For the longest time, I felt like I wasn’t socially “allowed” to wear articles of clothing that showed areas of unwanted fat on my body. This is something I struggled with since high school, and I won’t go into detail on how long ago that was. It wasn’t until my son was born that I took the power of my body back. I decided it was time to stop hating myself into being skinny. And honestly, I was tired of talking shit to myself. I figured, if I put as much energy into loving my body that I did into trying to convince myself that food was evil, than I would lead a much healthier mental life, and mental health is SO important.
Flash forward to the later stages in my journey of love with my body, and I’m wearing shorts, showing my legs again, and it felt PHENOMENAL. Seriously, it was one of the most empowering things I had done in a long, long time. There is so much liberation in self expression through fashion, and plus, it’s fun AF.
If you haven’t been to a music festival, LET ME TELL YOU GIRL, it’s AMAZING. I spent the better part of my early 20’s raging all night, dancing until my feet gave out, laughing with friends, camping in tents, and partying the night away at music festivals. The feeling you get from the whole experience fills your entire soul. You get to listen and see music played that makes you happy. You know that feeling that you get from listening to a song that just makes you feel, you? I’ll never forget listening to Radiohead lying in the grass at Coachella, watching the light shows and feeling more at home in my soul than I ever had. And crying happy tears while dancing my ass off to Florence and the machine. Or when I thought I saw Tupac resurface from the grave when it was really just a hologram. It’s the time of your life. I painted my face, adorned it with jewels, planned out outfits, wore wild and extravagant clothes – there is just no rules.
Especially NO rules when it comes to festival fashion! I’ve been scouring the interwebs finding the cutest of the cute outfits for any festival, and making sure they’re fabulous, because you have to go all out! It’s almost like Halloween, but better.
- I would personally rock this sheer self tie skirt with this plus criss cross lace bodysuit. You can either throw some boy shorts underneath are just rock that booty laced body suit! Throw on these boots and you’re golden.
2. How cute is this co-ord from Shein?! I love the color and the reviews for the fit sound amazing. It’s only $17 for two pieces, and bam, you have an outfit. This bag and these shoes go perfectly with the set, too!
3. Truthfully, I am OBSESSED with this outfit. I think it’s perfect for a music festival. It’s bohemian chic, and the desert vibes make it sexy, yet stylish. Click here for the dress and here for the bag.
4. This dress from Asos was born to wear with combat boots, and if you’ve been following me on Instagram, you know I LOVE combat boots. This is a win in my book, for a music festival or everyday look. Top it off with this free people bag and the look is even more fire.
5. If you’re not quite comfortable flaunting a lot of skin, or just want something more on the comfortable side, then this jumper is most likely up your alley. I think the colors are so bright and fun!
6. This co-ord is out of control cute, nuff said
10. I’m dying for this fuchsia set from Pretty Little Thing. It might be hot, but make it fashion.
from Pretty Little Thing. It might be hot, but make it fashion.
And there you have it, my 10 favorite festival looks this 2019 season. I think they’re all so fun, and most of them you can wear on vacation or even everyday! If you go to any music festivals and wear any of these pieces, be sure to tag me on Insta @torii.block, I love seeing what you get!